- All the Foundation Courses shall be of 1 credit each.
- Maximum credits for Foundation Courses shall not exceed 10 (Ten) Credits.
- Foundation Courses can be opted for ONLY IN LIEU of Generic Elective (GE - IL) and / or Subject Elective (SE - IL) courses.
- This choice can be exercised in Semester I (minimum zero Credits – maximum six credits) or Semester II (minimum zero Credits – maximum four credits) ONLY.
- Foundation Courses CANNOT be opted for in Sem III and in Sem IV.
- It is NOT MANDATORY for a learner to opt for Foundation However, Faculty members may advise a student to enroll for Foundation Course(s) after a methodical assessment of the relevant competencies of the student.
- Foundation Courses shall be offered ONLY to those students who lack the basic competencies in the specific course. The institute shall conduct a methodical assessment of the relevant competencies of the student. To identify the learners who need to take up foundation courses. Records of the evaluation shall be preserved.
- Institutes may stipulate additional criteria for students desirous to take up Foundation Courses.
- Foundation Courses shall be taught by the course teacher in workshop mode / project mode.
- The course teacher shall oversee the progress of the learner as well as evaluate the learner for 25 marks / 1 credit.
- Pre- and post-test: A test or other assessment activity shall be administered to the students both at the beginning of the foundation course and at the end of the foundation course, with the intention of demonstrating improved skills upon completion. The tests shall be essentially SKILL based.
- Best of the two assessments shall be treated as the final evaluation.
|FOUNDATION (FOU) COURSES ( ELECTIVES) – 1 Credit Each|
|25 Marks CCE, 00 Marks ESE|
|Between ZERO to SIX courses to be selected from the following list in Semester I and / or Between ZERO to FOUR courses to be selected from the following list in Semester II|
|Course No.||Course Code||Course||Semester|
|1||FOU - 001||Elementary English||I|
|2||FOU - 002||Elementary Mathematics & Statistics||I|
|3||FOU - 003||Elementary Economics||I|
|4||FOU - 004||Elementary Accounting||I|
|5||FOU - 005||Elementary Information Technology||I|
|6||FOU - 006||Elementary Business Etiquette||I|
|7||FOU - 007||Elementary MS WORD||II|
|8||FOU - 008||Elementary MS POWERPOINT||II|
|9||FOU - 009||Elementary Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||II|
|10||FOU - 010||Elementary Verbal and Reading Comprehension||II|
|11||FOU - 011||Elementary Quantitative Ability||II|