Alternative Study Credit Courses:
- All the ASCC shall be of 2 credits each.
- Maximum credits for ASCC shall not exceed 22 (Twenty two) Credits.
- Alternative Study Credit Courses (ASCC) can be opted for, ONLY IN LIEU of Generic Elective (GE - IL) and / or Subject Elective (SE - IL) courses.
- This choice can be exercised in Semester I (minimum zero Credits – maximum six credits) or Semester II (minimum zero Credits – maximum six credits) or Semester III (minimum zero Credits – maximum six credits) or Semester IV (minimum zero Credits – maximum four credits). i.e. a learner may skip Generic Elective (GE - IL) courses all together and earn the required 22 credits entirely through ASCC.
- It is NOT MANDATORY for a learner to opt for Alternative Study Credit Courses. However, Faculty members may advise a student to enroll for Alternative Study Credit Course(s) after a methodical assessment of the relevant competencies of the student.
- Institutes may stipulate additional criteria for students desirous to take up Alternative Study Credit Courses.
- A MINIMUM of 60% of the total credits earned by a learner through ASCC shall either be from MOOCs or from Professional Certification Programmes.
- Thus a learner may skip all Generic Elective (GE - IL) courses and skip all Subject Elective (SE - IL) courses and earn the required 22 credits entirely through ASCC.
- The same TYPE of ASCC can be opted for multiple number of times. Norms for the same are prescribed in the relevant section later in this syllabus document. For e.g. A student may undertake 11 “Professional Certification Programs” and earn 22 credits or complete 11 MOOCS and earn 22 Credits.
- ASCC shall be executed in online study mode / field work or project mode / certification mode.
- A faculty guide shall be assigned for such courses. The faculty shall oversee the progress of the learner as well as evaluate the learner for 50 marks / 2 credits.
- The learner shall select the ASCC that he/she desires to opt for and submit an outline of the proposed study relevant to the course. The faculty guide shall approve the proposal after considering the nature of the work, learning effort required, desired outcomes and comprehensive coverage of the topic.
- There is no defined syllabus for the ASCC courses. Institutes shall define the syllabus and announce the same on the website.
- Since ASCC is a guided self study course 40 - 45 hours of work shall be equivalent to one credit. The faculty shall oversee the progress of the learner as well as evaluate the learner for 50 marks / 2 credits.
- The start date of the ASCC such as Professional Certifications shall be after the admission date for the MBA programme and the end date of the ASCC shall be within 6 months of the start date of the ASCC, but before the completion of Sem IV.
|ALTERNATIVE STUDY CREDIT COURSES (ASCC) ( ELECTIVES) – 2 Credit Each
|50 Marks CCE, 00 Marks ESE
|Between ZERO to THREE courses to be selected from the following list in Semester I# and / or Between ZERO to THREE courses to be selected from the following list in Semester II# and / or Between ZERO to THREE courses to be selected from the following list in Semester III# and / or Between ZERO to TWO courses to be selected from the following list in Semester IV#
|Course No.||Course Code||Course||Semester|
||ASCC - 001
||ASCC - 002
||Professional Certification Programs
||ASCC - 003
||ASCC - 004
||ASCC - 005
||Industry or Academic Internships
||ASCC - 006